Friday 6 November 2009

I put the pro in procrastination

Right, so i've been wanting to set up a blog for quite a while now. Had loads of time to do it before, literally days and days when I could have set one up... However... Now that i have a lab report due in next week, I seem to find myself doing what i usually do.. procrastinating. I am soooo distracted, i have been tidying and fixing things that before didn't seem to be so important, but as soon as i have to do work that all changes.

I have also decided that Facebook is the devil. I spend so much time on it when I have deadlines due in the next few days. My housemate Steve doesn't seem to help, we both sit in the living room "working" whilst both logged in and someone will get facebook raped or we'll constantly be creating and commenting on new statuses or mutual friend's posts. And now i'm setting up a blog because once again i'm trying to distract myself from what i really have to do.

For anyone reading this that doesn't know me.. (if anyone is reading this at all- which i doubt (I want to write this for my own sanity)) my name is Hannah, I'm 21 and i am doing a masters at the University of Nottingham. I undertook my undergraduate degree there too, just couldn't get away from here lol. Love it too much. I hve 2 chinchillas called Gizmo and Piggy, who at this present moment are rearranging their cage. I'm originally from London.

My course isn't going to badly at the moment, this is the first "real" piece of work that we've been given. But it's MASSIVE (that's what she said). We have to write up a lab report on 4 different experiments and we're expected to only write 2000 words....... 2000 words!!! that's just ridiculous. I could write that much on just one of them! I won't bore you by going into details of what it's about. All you need to know is its on cardiovascular measurements.

We finally have hot water and heating again. The last few days it's been a case of jumpers and blankets worn constantly around the flat, Steve drinking whisky to stay warm (any excuse) and cold showers, or warm ones using the sink and the kettle. It's nice to be able to sit and not be freezing.

I guess i should probably try to get back to work... knowing me i'll probably be back on in a little while to distract myself further.

No comments:

Post a Comment